[Histonet] Dewar question

Malcolm McCallum Malcolm.McCallum <@t> tamut.edu
Tue Mar 4 21:03:51 CST 2008

Hello,
My question has little to do with histology, but hopefully someone on here has a clue in my dilemna.  I am interested in getting a Dewar for holding straws of livestock semen in!  The bottom line is that Dewars are either holding hundreds of straws which is way larger than what i need.  then tehre are numerous dewars that are for storing liquid N.

The most I might have is 5-10 straws at any given time, and I'm only looking to store for a month or two (waiting for goats to go in heat).  So, any advice?  I've been watching the used dewars on various sites, but it seems that none that specifically say they are for semen straws go for less than $300!

Thanks for the spot of help! :)

Malcolm L. McCallum
Assistant Professor
Department of Biological Sciences
Texas A&M University Texarkana
2600 Robison Rd.
Texarkana, TX 75501
O: 1-903-223-3134
H: 1-903-791-3843
Homepage: https://www.eagle.tamut.edu/faculty/mmccallum/index.html
VISIT HERPETOLOGICAL CONSERVATION AND BIOLOGY www.herpconbio.org
A New Journal Published in Partnership with Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation
and the World Congress of Herpetology.

Spring Teaching Schedule & Office Hours:
Genetics:  W 6:00 to 9:40pm
Herpetology: TR 10:00-11:40am
Histology: MW 1:00-2:40pm
Seminar: T 2:30-3:30pm
Office Hours:
M: 3:30-5:00pm
T: 11:40-1:00pm; 3:30-5:00pm
W: 4:00-6:00pm

"We live in a time when lemonade is made with artificial flavoring, and furnisher polish is made with fresh lemons."
-Alfred E. Neuman