[Histonet] RE: IHC marker for M-phase cells

Connolly, Brett M brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
Fri Jun 27 08:42:28 CDT 2008

Thanks to all who replied to my question. Seems like everyone uses
anti-phosph-histone H3 (Ser10) as I have also used.

However, the Ser10 antibody has also been shown to label interphase G2
cells (Goto et al., J Biol Chem 1999, 274: 25543-25549 and others) and I
was really looking for an M-phase only marker. So if anyone has used the
phospho-Ser28 histone H3 antibody I would be interested to hear your
experiences.

Brett

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete it from your system.