[Histonet] IHC marker for M-phase cells

Jean-Martin Lapointe jm.lapointe <@t> accellab.com
Thu Jun 26 12:23:17 CDT 2008

Hi Brett,
at my previous job we did IHC staining for phospho-Histone H3 (ser10) using the Cell Signaling rabbit monoclonal antibody CS9701 in FFPE tissue, and it worked beautifully. It was on human origin tissue, don't remember cross-reactivity in other species but Cell Signaling mentions it reacts with many others.
Good luck

Jean-Martin

__________________________________
Jean-Martin Lapointe, DMV, MS, dACVP
Vice-President, Pathologie
AccelLAB Inc
1635 Lionel-Bertrand, Boisbriand
Québec, Canada  J7H 1N8
tel:  450-435-9482 ext.247
fax: 450-435-4795
jm.lapointe <@t> accellab.com

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:27:58 -0400
From: "Connolly, Brett M" <brett_connolly <@t> merck.com>
Subject: [Histonet] IHC marker for M-phase cells
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>,	<ihcrg <@t> googlegroups.com>

I am looking for an antibody for labeling FFPE sections of mitotic cells
that are only in M-phase. Found one article in J Histo Cyto using clone
HTA28-phospho-Histone H3(Ser 28) that looked pretty good, but the
Authors produced their own antibody.

The commercial suppliers I have been able to locate do not indicate IHC
as a suitable application for their products.

Anyone had experience with this??

Or can you recommend another M-phase specific antibody?

Many thanks,
Brett

Brett M. Connolly, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Imaging Research