[Histonet] RE: Hematoxylin shortage

Mahoney,Janice A JMahoney <@t> alegent.org
Wed Jun 25 07:16:49 CDT 2008

We tried Phoenix Blue to replace the Harris Hematoxylin in our DRS stainer and for Cytology PAP and nyn-gyn staining.  We had to increase the staining time by about a minute and differentiate an additional 30 sec for H&E's but the results were pretty good.  We happy knowing we have an alternative if needed.
Jan Mahoney
Alegent Health
Omaha, NE

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marshall, Kimberly
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:39 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Hematoxylin shortage

Hello all

  Just wanting to ask around to other techs and find out how everyone else is handling the Hematoxylin shortage.  My supplier put "Phoenix Blue
Nuclear stain" in its place.  Has anyone else used this and how was the nuclear detail.  Thanks

Kimberly Marshall H.T. (ASCP)

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.