[Histonet] Super spice racks??

Rena Fail renafail <@t> bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 22 19:46:41 CDT 2008

Personally, I like the expanding tier shelves for spices.
Rena Fail

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Paul
Bradbury
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 7:41 PM
To: Lesley Bechtold; HistoNet Server
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Super spice racks??

Our solution to this same problem is:
Give each product a code number (acid fuchsin is A-1, Acridine Orange is

A-2, Light Green SF Yellowish is L-4, etc).
Create a master list of all the dry dye powders and their alloted code
number.
Stick a label with the code number on the lid of each bottle.
File the dye bottles in drawers with dividers (A - C, D - F, G - I,
etc). Cardboard dividers held in place with duct tape work just fine.
To find a specific dye, check the master sheet, scan the labels in the
appropriate section of the drawer ... and voila !
It's easy, it's cheap and it works!

Paul
Kamloops, Canada

Lesley Bechtold wrote:
> We're hoping someone out there can tell us how they solved what is
probably a pretty common problem.  We have three drawers full of small
dye powder bottles.  They're in no particular order so we waste time
pulling out bottles trying to find the one we want.  We think we need a
super spice rack of some sort to organize these bottles.  Can anyone
suggest something that has worked for them?  Thank you very much!