[Histonet] Super spice racks??

Robert Chiovetti rchiovetti <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 15:34:35 CDT 2008

Leslie,

Good idea about putting labels on the caps of the bottles!

Although more $$ would be involved, it might be worth investing in something like a cytec storage cabinet.  The shelves are clear plastic w/ holes in them to hold small bottles, and the door is clear plastic so you can see through it.  Take a look at the bottom of this web page from Hacker Instruments:

<http://www.hackerinstruments.com/labstorage.htm>

Cheers,

Bob

 Robert (Bob) Chiovetti, Ph.D.
Southwest Precision Instruments
www.swpinet.com
See What's New on Our Website!
Arizona's Microscopy Resource
132 North Elster Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710-3212
Tel./Fax 520-546-4986
Member, Arizona Small Business Association
(www.asba.com)

----- Original Message ----
From: Lesley Bechtold <lesley.bechtold <@t> jax.org>
To: Histology Network <histonet <@t> Pathology.swmed.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 10:20:12 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Super spice racks??

We're hoping someone out there can tell us how they solved what is probably a pretty common problem.  We have three drawers full of small dye powder bottles.  They're in no particular order so we waste time pulling out bottles trying to find the one we want.  We think we need a super spice rack of some sort to organize these bottles.  Can anyone suggest something that has worked for them?  Thank you very much!

Lesley

Lesley S. Bechtold
Senior Manager, Histopathology & Microscopy Sciences
The Jackson Laboratory
600 Main St.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
207-288-6322