[Histonet] Mouse Mammary Gland

Land, Kimberly J KjLand <@t> usi.edu
Fri Jun 13 08:44:11 CDT 2008

Dear Histonetters,

  In the very near future, I will be preparing whole mounts of mouse
mammary glands.  The plan is to use Carnoy's fixative and to stain with
Carmine alum overnight.  That part of the procedure I think I can
handle.  My main concern is that afterwards, I am to embed in paraffin
for H&E staining.  Has anyone out there done this before??  Does the
Carmine alum interfere with the H&E?  How thick do the sections need to
be? I am used to histology on mouse thyroids, so this is a totally new
thing for me.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kim Lohe

University of Southern Indiana

8600 University Blvd.