[Histonet] HT practical

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Thu Jun 5 13:52:55 CDT 2008

Than you Claire for taking the words out of my mouth.
I feel the same way. At least we had the MGP powder! (Now Richard Allen
sells the liquid stain)
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Northwestern University
Pathology Core Facility
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ingles
Claire
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 1:02 PM
To: histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] HT practical

I for one did EVERYTHING myself for my practical. Including grossing,
embedding, etc. That was standard at my internship site that the internist
couldn't get any direct help from staff with the practical, and I had to do
a MGP! Talk about fun trying to get ahold of the powder to make the
solution.
I have also come across a former co-worker trying to pass his practical (3rd
time around) and wanted whoever was doing specials to "throw his in with the
batch". I refused. (mostly because I knew this guy was a bit incompitent.)
But I also believe it to be the same as copying someone's answers off a
test. If a tech can't do a relatively simple stain or is too lazy to do the
work they don't belong in the field.
Is it Friday yet?
Claire