[Histonet] question

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 08:56:26 CDT 2008

Kathy,

For bluing reagents I've used several, ammonia water, saturated
lithium carbonate, 0.5% lithium carbonate and Scott's solution/water.
The Scott's solution was from Polyscientific in Bayshore NY and it's a
modified formula.  The original one I used, I think (I don't have it
in front of me) was from Sheehan.  What I found was most important
with the nuclear staining was that the hematoxylin had to as fresh as
possible and that the most critical steps were the removal of the OCT
media prior to staining as that seemed to give the sections that
greyish watery appearance.

Also, are you differentiating prior to bluing?  Just asking as you
didn't say what your protocol was.

Vikki