[Histonet] mouse heart chatter upon sectioning...

Gaupp, Dina D dgaupp <@t> tulane.edu
Wed Jun 4 18:16:02 CDT 2008

Whenever I process (whole)mouse hearts, the tissue chatters upon sectioning.  The tissue is usually fixed overnight in 10%nbf at 4C before processed.  I tried different processing times.  The last time I processed hearts, I processed them for 5 hours total no vaccum.  Should I decrease the processing time even lower than that?  I am afraid of underprocessing.  I have to section the entire heart from top to bottom, so I really need some advice.

(open system) Processor Set Up:
1 - fix (if tissue fixed overnight, skip #1 & #2 stations)
2 - fix
3 - 70%
4 - 80%
5 & 6 - 95%