[Histonet] GMA immunos

Edwards, R.E. ree3 <@t> leicester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 06:33:23 CDT 2008

After a lifetime of immunostaining paraffin wax sections, in my new job I am having to  deal  with  GMA sections. Two questions, firstly, does one  have to float out the sections for a minimum of 90 seconds on 0.5% ammonium hydroxide before mounting on a slide;(  with the  ammonaical water apparently acting as  some  sort of antigen retrieval step), and immunohistochemistry on GMA sections does not work if one uses PBS as opposed to TBS.

                                  Any help/hints gratefully received.
                                       Cheers
                                             Richard  Edwards
                                               University of Leicester.