[Histonet] Processing of mouse hearts

JR R rosenfeldtek <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:07:42 CDT 2008

It sounds like over processing to me.  Mouse tissue is easy to over process.

First check the TEMPERATURE of your paraffin pots--they may be running too hot.

Cutting your heart into thin 2mm doughnuts will make the tissue process faster.  I just cut the heart into ventricular half and atrial half--then process the whole thing.  Works great.

Jerry Ricks
Research Scientist
University of Washington
Department of Pathology