[Histonet] alcohol lamps

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Mon Jul 28 15:30:42 CDT 2008

Probably outside the door in the hall.   Remember, it was 1971 - - we
could smoke and eat in the labs then, there were no safety rules.    Heck,
this lab only had one door.     By the time I went to work there, they had
made a second egress.

"Smith, Allen" <asmith <@t> mail.barry.edu>
07/28/2008 03:25 PM

'Jackie M O'Connor' <Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com>
cc
"'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject
RE: [Histonet] alcohol lamps

I have worried about this possibility. This is why I use a stamped steel
alcohol lamp. The larger fire was the result of poor communication. Before
lighting, I announce: I am about to strike a match.  All solvents must be
covered!  (By the way, where was that lab's fire extinguisher?)