[Histonet] Blue Zones

Okland, Gloria A Gloria.A.Okland <@t> questdiagnostics.com
Mon Jul 28 13:20:34 CDT 2008

Hi All,

We have been seeing a very random appearance of Blue Zones on our H&E
slides.  It affects one section, but not the next in serial sections and
if we restain the slides, they look better, and it seems to just be the
GI biopsies that we have trouble with.  It seems like the tissue is not
being stained by the eosin in these areas.  The slides are
deparraffinized and hydrated, and the hematoxylin stain looks ok, it is
just the Eosin.  Any suggestions that you may have, are greatly
appreciated, this have been an ongoing problem for some time now.

Thanks
Gloria

Gloria Okland HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Quest Diagnostics
4770 Regent Blvd
Irving, TX 75063
972-536-8820
972-916-3539 fax

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are
intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Further, any medical information herein is
confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized
persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential
medical information. If you are not the intended recipient,
immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any
attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any
attachment, is prohibited.