[Histonet] rat brain: glycerol vs sucrose cryoprotection / Infiltration with Neg-50 at room temperature before freezing

Larvaron Pierre Pierre.Larvaron <@t> medecine.unige.ch
Wed Jul 23 09:40:07 CDT 2008

Dear all,

I am looking for a protocol to enhance the quality of my frozen sections
of fixed rat brain. I have two questions:

- Has anyone used a 20% glycerol and 2%DMSO (in buffer or fixative) to
cryoprotect tissue instead of 30% sucrose?
(http://www.histosearch.com/histonet/Aug05A/Re.Histonetglycerolcryopr.html)

- Has anyone used infiltration of tissue at room temperature  with
medium for embedding and cryosectionning (Neg-50 for example) before
freezing?
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8128478?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum)

Thanks a lot.

Pierre