[Histonet] SurPath PreCoat slides

Donovan, Mark M.Donovan <@t> alfred.org.au
Tue Jul 22 18:38:16 CDT 2008

Dear All,

We were recently provided with a pack of SurePath PreCoat slides (REF
080-10010-02) from TriPath Imaging (Becton Dickinson) to try in
connection with their CytoRich cytology preservatives. We have been
using the slides and reagents manually rather than on the BD PrepStain
machine.

My Cyto people tell me that even without the use of the CytoRich
solution these slides seem considerably more "sticky" than our usual
Menzel superfrost plus or polysine slides. They are finding
significantly better cell attachment with Urines and fluids when used in
the Cytospin.

We are just curious to know what these slides are coated with. The
slides display a visible drying line at the very bottom edge so appear
to have been dipped in something. Our local BD rep was unable to
enlighten.

many thanks

Mark Donovan
Senior Scientist-Unit Manager
Anatomical Pathology
The Alfred, Melbourne, Australia.

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us by return e-mail and delete the document.  If you
are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Bayside Health
is not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.