[Histonet] RE: Formalin Containers

Barnhart, Tammy Tbarnhart <@t> primecare.org
Fri Jul 18 13:07:02 CDT 2008

When I started my current position, I had no experience with whirl-top
specimen bags.  In fact, my notion was that they would leak and not work
nearly as good as screw top containers.  We get specimens mailed to us from
all over the Dakotas and also send our specimens through our pneumatic tube
system.  The screw top container leak, the whirl-top bags do not.  I much
prefer using the bags.  We don't need to cut them open, so that is not a
problem for us.

Tammy Barnhart, BS, HTL(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
St. Alexius Medical Center
900 E. Broadway
Bismarck, ND 58501

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Burrill,
Jason
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 12:08 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Formalin Containers

We actually prefer using the bags and suggest our customers ship their
samples in them.  Although it does create a little more work with
cutting them open they are a lot less likely to leak during transit and
we find it easier to store the samples.

Jason Burrill

Sr. Manager, Histology and Laboratory Safety

Research Animal Diagnostic Services

Charles River

251 Ballardvale St

Wilmington, MA 01887

Office: 781-222-6152

Fax: 978-988-8793

jason.burrill <@t> crl.com

www.criver.com <http://www.criver.com/>

Accelerating Drug Development. Exactly.

Notice - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information. You must not
disclose this message to another party without Charles River's express
written consent. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it
for any purpose other than to notify us. If you have received this
message in error, please notify Charles River immediately, and delete it
from your system.