[Histonet] Single-cell susension from tissue

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:43:24 CDT 2008

Hi Stephen

You can vortex but I'd keep them in the enzyme bath longer.  If you're
worried about losing a population of cells (or the epitopes getting chewed
up from digestion), remove the cells that have come out of the tissue and
hold them in PBS.  You can put the remaining tissue back for digestion (you
don't want to exclude a population of cells because they never came out of
the tissue).  Different populations of cells can come out at different times
and  you can even end up selecting out populations based on how fast you are
centrifuging.

Mark