[Histonet] Re: H&E quality check.

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Mon Jul 7 20:16:13 CDT 2008

So you create a 'normal' case where the specimen is a qc case and then fill
in all the 'normal' fields with qc data.

Is that correct?

....or are there specialized qc data fields, like a prompt for stain
quality, block quality, etc.

I'm looking to see if any computer system does anything special for QC
purposes, relative to block, slides, stains, etc.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | office: 207.483.0968 | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540
| fax: 270.423.0968

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Dave & Lee
Mayhew
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 8:45 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Re: H&E quality check.

Hi Michael,

We use Meditech and create a daily QC specimen.

In the data fields for the QC specimen we record all the stains we did for
that day, including H&E, and all the specimen numbers that were controlled
by those QC slides.  Any problems, concerns, repeats, etc. are recorded in
the specimen comment field.

A daily report is printed out at the end of the day and filed in the QC
binder.

Lee Mayhew MLT
St. Joseph's Hospital
Hamilton  ON  Canada