[Histonet] New book for my library???

Paul Bradbury histology.bc <@t> shaw.ca
Wed Jan 30 23:36:03 CST 2008

Hi Shelly,

I have been one of the contributing authors to this text since the first
edition came out in the late 70's. It was originally put together by
John Bancroft and Alan Stevens, plus a host of other histologists when
we all still lived in England. Many of the original chapters and their
content were discussed in the pubs in and around Nottingham and required
many pints of beer before the final drafts were produced.

In my opinion, and I may be somewhat biased, it is an excellent text
and, as the title suggests, effectively balances the theoretical aspects
with sound, proven practical procedures, unlike other texts which either
are "recipe manuals" or pure theory. The authors are all well respected
histologists or pathologists with vast amounts of experience in their
fields.

Fortunately, as one of the authors, I get free copies, but I must admit
$200 is a lot of money for a book. If your lab can buy it on your
behalf, then without a doubt, get it. If it is your own hard-earned
cash, I think I would still be very tempted to get it. I don't think you
will regret your purchase.

Paul Bradbury
Kamloops, Canada