[Histonet] Mucin containing cells too blue

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 07:58:43 CST 2008

Just a note! The magnetic field does NOT alter the pH, it alters the pH-meter galvanometer that will read out a wrong pH value.
  René J.

Akemi Allison-Tacha <akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
  Being the person who manufactured (CAT Hematoxylin)
for Biocare, Extremely Large Volumes by the way, I
would calibrate my pH meter daily using a #2 and #4
buffers. You also must make sure that your probe is
designed for such a LOW pH.

During my learning curve, I also found that any
fluctuation in temperature, movement and also having
the pH meter close to any magnetic fields, could alter
the pH. What I mean is, if your procedure requires
heat, the pH is quite different if it is slightly
warm, rather than if it is at RT. I also found out
that if my pH meter was located to closely between (2)
magnetic stirrers. the pH would fluctuate.

When manufacturing, I would keep the pH probe in the
solution while it was being mixed. After putting a
certain volume of GLACIAL ACETIC ACID in and mixing
it, I would let the solution rest, then recheck the
pH. I would repeat this procedure till I reached my
desired pH. The CAT hematoxylin also has glycerol in
the formula. This was added after pH'ing. The
glycerol raises the pH slightly. There is also a
proprietary stabilizer incorporated.

Hope this helps and gives some insight.
Akemi Allison-Tacha

=== message truncated ===