[Histonet] Whole Mount Slides

Vicki Gauch GauchV <@t> mail.amc.edu
Tue Jan 22 06:42:15 CST 2008

Jennifer,
 We routinely cut whole mount prostate slides.  We cut them on a Leica
microtome with no problem.  When we embed them, we use the bottom of a
Tissue Tek mega cassette on top of the wax filled metal mold - that
seems to work for us.  The block stays put in the chuck holder during
cutting as long as you trim the sides of the mega cassette so it is
paraffin free and clearance hasn't really been an issue.  If you need
more info, please feel free to e-mail me....

Vicki Gauch
AMCH
Albany. NY

>>> "Bull, Jennifer L." <jennifer.bull <@t> northwestpathology.com>
1/21/2008 3:21 PM >>>
I am looking for any information on Whole Mount Slides. Our
pathologists
would like to start doing them on Prostate and Bladder tissue. I have
researched and located
a microtome attachment from Leica and SurgiPath carries oversized
cassettes and embedding molds. Does anyone have any information to
add?
Processing/cutting issues? Supplies? I would like to be as informed as
possible before taking the plunge............  Thank You in advance!

Jennifer Bull
Histology Supervisor
NW Pathology
Bellingham, WA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is protected by law and is for the
sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this email and destroying all copies of the
communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying,
distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical
Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on
the Internet at www.amc.edu.