[Histonet] Fixation and staining problems

Christine Tambasco immrstambo <@t> hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:33:59 CST 2008

Everything is the same. Sections are still cut by both Pathologist. The staining sequence was recently changed to add more alcohol at the end as we previously had problems with water in the slides. I am just really stumped. Could there be something wrong with the formalin? Leica suggested I add another formula 83 to the processor and remove the 70% alcohol. I tried that too-with the same results-muddy nuclear detail..

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:00:39 -0800From: rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.comSubject: Re: [Histonet] Fixation and staining problemsTo: immrstambo <@t> hotmail.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
It seems that you have "covered" all the potential processing troube spots.
Questions: do you have a new person doing grossing that may be preparing thicker slices than before?
Have you changed the time tissues are fixed outside the processor?
Have you changed the schedule between sectioning and routine staining?