[Histonet] RE: Gold standard of Tissue Dx

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Thu Jan 17 14:03:03 CST 2008

 "reminds
me of the bad years in Cytology. Abnormal slides are peer reviewed but
not 'negative' ones which is odd; if you diagnosed something then the
Patient will be treated (or further investigated which might flag up
errors), if you call something negative then the Patient may have no
treatment unless the symptoms remain and further tests reveal the
abnormality. How gold is the gold standard of tissue diagnosis?
Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311"

Perhaps we will have the government step into and interfere again.  I prefer to think that the answer is a documented and well defined quality assurance program where a percentage of random cases are subject to peer review
"If we agree to agree, then it's arbitration.  If we agree to disagree, it's QA"
Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supv.
Laboratory, Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
(215) 938-3689

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it was sent. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential,
and the use or disclosure of such information may also be restricted under applicable
federal and state law. If you received this communication in error, please do not
distribute any part of it or retain any copies, and delete the original E-Mail.
Please notify the sender of any error by E-Mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.