[Histonet] Deterioration rate of fluors used in IF staining

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 09:50:27 CST 2008

Sally:
  The IF reagents I used (FITC conjugated Ig) I used to aliquot them and keep them at -80ºC until needed. Once the slide was stained I always tried to read as soon as possible. Otherwise I kept the slides on a refrigerator for, the most 3 days, and after that the fluorescence faded.
  There are coverslipping solutions that reduce the fading rate also. The best way of keeping fluorescent reagents is in a refrigerator (where they are also protected from light).
  René J.