[Histonet] Biocare p16

Morken, Tim tim.morken <@t> thermofisher.com
Wed Jan 9 10:05:19 CST 2008

It's true, MTM labs holds the patent to any possible antibody made for
p16 protein. They are marketing it themselves. So, it is not just
Biocare and Cell Marque, but many companies will not carry p16 anymore
(depends on whether it is cost effective to pay the licensing fees and
royalties demanded).

Tim Morken
Lab Vision Products
Anatomical Pathology
ThermoFisher Scientific

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Joe
Nocito
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:38 PM
To: Cathy; 'Jones, Laura'; 'Histonet (E-mail)'
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Biocare p16

Flame time
See, this is what just fry my cookies about some of these vendors. Tell
me this isn't a money issue. What happened to patient care, or is that
obsolete now? I hate it when some one has a good product, then screws it
up by getting greedy about it. Now, you have to purchase the detection
kit to get the antibody. Bull do-do. Now I'm really urinated off. Get me
the CEO. As some of you know, I have no qualms about getting into the
face of a CEO. I had plenty of experience at my last job, not to mention
a couple of NSH meetings too.

JTT