[Histonet] histochemistry an extinct art?

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Fri Jan 4 13:26:11 CST 2008

Hi,

I have a question for those, that are experienced with the old and the new
techniques in histotechnology. I looked through some antiquariat-books, that
deal a lot with histochemical demonstration of many tissue-compounds and
enzymes. These techniques sound all very strange to me and it seems like a
forgotten art.

I work in a clinical histolab. Are the histochemical, enzymhistochemical
methods still in use in research-labs? Did immunhistochemistry replace them
all together? Is histochemistry a part of modern cellbiology or just
obsolete?

Gudrun Lang