[Histonet] Cytology Question

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Wed Jan 2 10:36:31 CST 2008

We call the office and have someone come and label it.  They are pretty good about coming.  If no one came, we'd send it back to them.  We also have a form that the person labeling it has to fill out and sign stating that they are certain of the identity and are accepting responsibility for the labeling.  Yeah, they don't like that form very much!

Tom McNemar, HT(ASCP)
Histology Co-ordinator
Licking Memorial Health Systems
(740) 348-4163
(740) 348-4166
tmcnemar <@t> lmhealth.org
www.LMHealth.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Schaundra
Walton
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:12 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Cytology Question

Hey Histonetters!

  I'm posting a question for a collegue of mine.  She works in cytolgoy.  She would like to know how other people handle unlabeled/mislabeled PAP specimens.  What is your policy?  She posted on a cyto forum, but has not had any luck getting responses.  I figured since some histo techs also do cytology prep someone here could help her.  Thanks in advance.

Schaundra Walton BS HTL(ASCP)
Swedish American Hospital
1401 E. State St.
Rockford, IL 61104