[Histonet] Dull eosin?

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Wed Feb 27 19:15:03 CST 2008

Erin,
have you tried adding a couple of mls of glacial acetic acid to the Eosin
container?

JTT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin, Erin" <Erin.Martin <@t> ucsf.edu>
To: "histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:06 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Dull eosin?

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with my eosin in the H&E.  My pathologists say that it
is dull and the RBCs are too red rather than orange.  Interestingly, when I
take out the hematoxylin (Richard Allen Harris), acid acohol (Richard Allen
Clarifier) and bluing (Richard Allen Bluing) the eosin is nice and bright.
Our tap water for the rinses is pH 6.8, and we use a Sakura Prisma stainer.
Any ideas?

Thank in advance!

Erin Martin