[Histonet] text recommendation

Philip Oshel oshel1pe <@t> cmich.edu
Wed Feb 20 14:38:08 CST 2008

Listers,

We're thinking of changing our Light Microscopy course text, and I
thought I'd check with the histo gang.
What we're looking for is a text that covers both the construction,
optics (with some theory) and use of the light microscope, with DIC,
Hoffman, fluorescence, etc. *and* microtechnique, preferably animal.
Fixation, dehydration, embedding, sectioning, etc.
I've got excellent examples of books that cover either the microscope
*or* microtechnique, but not both.
And, those are expensive.
We're also hoping find something reasonably priced, not $80 to over
$100, as most texts seem to be these days.
(If necessary, we'll go with 2 books, one on the microscope and
optics, and one on microtechnique, but again, price counts. 2 book,
each one costing $60 or more is right out.)
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Phil
--