[Histonet] PFA degradation

Danielle Crippen dcrippen <@t> buckinstitute.org
Tue Feb 19 13:40:30 CST 2008

Hi Histo-experts,

When I first came to my department 5 years ago, it was common practice
to make up 8% PFA (from prills) and store it in the fridge until it
needed to be diluted and used.  But, recently, the concern has been
raised about degradation...

My question is...how do others commonly deal with PFA??  Do you make it
fresh each time you use it??  If so, what is the favorite protocol??
And, just out of curiosity, has anyone ever done an analysis of stored
PFA to see how fast it breaks down...or how long it can safely be stored
and used??

Many thanks in advance!!

Cheers,

Danielle