[Histonet] re: pregnancy

Marla Thomas mthomas <@t> littonlab.com
Tue Feb 19 11:50:33 CST 2008

In the state of Missouri it is also considered discrimination if the
employer refuses to allow an employee to perform tasks in their job
description because they are pregnant.  Having said that, we council the
employee on chemicals that are hazardous, and we have a great group of techs
who will go out of their way to insure that all of the jobs get done without
the pregnant tech having to put her or her unborn child at risk.  We also
monitor air flow and quality, formalin and xylene exposure to ensure all of
our employees work in an environment that is as safe as it can be (I am sure
all of your labs do this also).  Any employee who is concerned about
exposure can access the results from our testing ( we test all of the high
risk tasks).  To wrap this up if the tech want to continue their tasks we
cannot tell them no, but if there are tasks they are uncomfortable doing,
someone else will do them.

Marla Thomas, HT(ASCP)

HIPAA/Compliance/Safety Officer/IT Manager

Litton Pathology Associates, PC

700 NW Hunter Drive

Blue Springs, MO 64015

816-229-6449, fax 816-874-4400

which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.