[Histonet] Disposal of paraffin blocks

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Tue Feb 19 10:36:25 CST 2008

We bag them in red biohazard bags and engage a company that specializes in Biohazard waste to dispose of them.
          Janet

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Joyce Cline
Sent: Tue 2/19/2008 11:26 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Disposal of paraffin blocks

How are clinical labs disposing of their paraffin blocks? Regular trash,
incinerated trash or some medical waste company? We have several years
to get rid of and our boiler room won't let me send them down to be
incinerated.

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *****
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.