[Histonet] Sudan III

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 11:22:08 CST 2008

Sonny:
Sudan III is prepared in 70% ethanol, but its solubility is a bout 0.2 g/100 mL so you will end with an oversaturated solution = with undissolved dye in the bottom of the flask.
  René J.

Sonny Duong <sqd3f <@t> cms.mail.virginia.edu> wrote:
  Hi all!

I am attempting to perform fecal fat microscopy with Sudan
III stain. My protocol requires me to have 1% Sudan III
dye, and my question is, 1% in what? The dye is insoluble
in water, so what should I dissolve the stain in? Ehtanol?
Chloroform??

Thanks,

Sonny Duong

Carla Green Lab