[Histonet] PTAH on frozen sections

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 10:52:39 CST 2008

Just make absolutely sure that your sections are not going to fall. You could try to coat the slides with Mayer's albumin or with Elmer's glue. Let the slides with the coat dry in an oven overnight before using them.
  Put you FS on the coated slides and air dry them. Fix them afterwards in 10% NBF for 3-5 minutes and wash in water to eliminate the OCT and stain them afterwards with the PTAH. Do NOT use any microwave shortcut, but stain the sections in the PTAH overnight.
  Perhaps they will survive. Your problem will be with the sections adherence.
  René J.

"Molinari, Betsy" <BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu> wrote:
  Happy Friday!
Is there any change I should make in my PTAH protocol when staining
frozen sections?
Thanks!
Betsy

Texas Heart Institute