[Histonet] (no subject)

Houston, Ronald Ronald.Houston <@t> nationwidechildrens.org
Wed Feb 13 11:21:01 CST 2008

Ian,

Try this
http://microscopy.tamu.edu/lab-protocols/light-microscopy-protocols.html

Or maybe a good malt would work? On second thoughts, you'd probably be
better keeping the malt for yourself.

Good luck, aw ra' best and Slainthe

Ronnie

Ronnie Houston, MS, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Anatomic Pathology Manager
Nationwide Children's Hospital
700 Children's Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
(614) 722 5465
Ronald.Houston <@t> NationwideChildrens.org
Columbus Children's Hospital is now Nationwide Children's Hospital
www.NationwideChildrens.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ian
Montgomery
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

            When the select few are sitting in the nuclear bunkers the
dominant species on the planet will be nematodes. I've just started a
project for my Zoologist colleagues studying these wee devils and I'm
convinced they are the mega-organism. Formaldehyde, not a problem,
couple of
weeks later, give them a rinse and away they swim. Osmium tetroxide,
"are
they trying to annoy me with this slightly noxious compound." Managing
fix them is hard enough but processing for sectioning, a nightmare. Does
anyone have experience processing these beasts? Hints and tips would be
very
welcome.

Ian.

Dr. Ian Montgomery,

Histotechnology,

I.B.L.S. Support Unit,

Thomson Building,

University of Glasgow,

G12 8QQ.

The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.