[Histonet] new prostate problem!

pkromund <@t> gundluth.org pkromund <@t> gundluth.org
Tue Feb 12 10:29:55 CST 2008

Yes, drying prior to being placed in formalin does have adverse affects on
staining.

             Nick and Amanda
             <nickandmanda <@t> par
             adise.net.nz>                                              To
             Sent by:                  histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
             histonet-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.utsouthwest
             ern.edu                                               Subject
                                       [Histonet] new prostate problem!

             02/12/2008 01:30
             AM

Hi!

We have recently come up against a staining issue where our prostate cores
have patches which are not staining.  Our Pathologist tells us this is
common in a particular High grade diagnosis so this is a problem when it is
happening in all prostate cases..  It does not seem to be affecting other
tissue staining (perhaps the odd one! no examples could be provided!! Could
it possibly be drying out of the cores prior to being placed in formalin??

Any Ideas welcome

Just not sure!
Wellington, NZ