[Histonet] Tissue processor info requested

Mary L Giebel/FS/VCU mlgiebel <@t> vcu.edu
Wed Feb 6 10:34:40 CST 2008

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice on tissue processors, both conventional and microwave. I have just been notified that I may be able to purchase a tissue processor...and they would like the quote by tomorrow morning. My previous research on processors is now outdated.

I run a small research histology core with a low volume and a low budget. I mainly work with mouse tissue (heart and lungs). Most of the tissue that I work with is used for IHC, which is why I am somewhat hesitant to go with a microwave processor.

I have found a unit that looks interesting, the Microm STP-120, but I am concerned because it uses a centrifugal cycle. That would not be a problem with the hearts, but the lungs that I work with are inflated. Has anyone had a problem with the unit?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards,
Mary Lee Giebel