[Histonet] need advice on labelling primary antibody with fluorophore; also need suggestions for good NF-kB antibody against mouse tissue

Jacqui Detmar detmar <@t> mshri.on.ca
Fri Feb 1 13:24:40 CST 2008

Hi all.  Hope you are having a nice afternoon.  I live in Toronto, so
I'm trying to avoid looking out the window at all that snow coming down
<grin>.  Anyway, I have a couple of questions to ask those in
histo-land:

1.	I am looking for a kit and/or advice that will help me to label
a green fluorophore (possibly fluorescein?) to a primary antibody, that
also comes with it's own anti-"green fluorophore" secondary antibody
(also labeled with a green fluorophore).  I am doing double-labelling
studies using two different primaries from the same host species.  In
the future I will also likely be doing mouse-on-mouse staining and hope
to circumvent high non-specific staining by labeling with a fluorophore.

2.	Does anybody have any experience with a good NF-kB antibody for
IHC on FFPE mouse tissues?  I would love to know what works for you.

Thanks all, and enjoy the weekend,

Jacqui

Jacqui Detmar, Post-doctoral Fellow

Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, room 876

Mount Sinai Hospital

600 University Avenue

Toronto, ON, Canada

M5G 1X5