[Histonet] SAFE-CLEAR Xylene Substitute

Katelin Lester katelin <@t> cuttingedgehistology.com
Wed Dec 31 14:13:14 CST 2008

Our pathologist has agreed to let us try out SAFE-CLEAR xylene substitute in
our VIP processor.  We currently have 2 changes of xylene at 30 minutes each
and process mostly small surgical specimens.

Do I need to increase the time the tissue spends in the SAFE-CLEAR?

I have searched the Histonet Archives for answers about xylene substitutes,
and have mostly found what I am looking for, but am unclear on whether or
not I need to increase the time during processing.
Thank you all,

Katelin Lester

Cutting Edge Histology Services, LLC

(503) 443-2157