[Histonet] processor

Piero Nelva pieronelva01 <@t> bigpond.com
Tue Dec 30 02:17:06 CST 2008

I agree. THe Peloris is a robust processor that handles all our routine
overnight and 2 hour cycles easily.  Also love the reagent managment system
which assesses reagent purity.  It does a good job on our skin specimens.

Piero Nelva
Anatomical Pathology
Monash Medical Centre
Australia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kim Tournear" <kimtournear <@t> yahoo.com>
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] processor

Hi Jane,
We just bought 2 Peloris processors from Leica. We can process in as little
as 1 hour (usually biopsy specimens). Each machine has 2 processing chambers
and can process up to 300 blocks per chamber. It was a good choice for us
since we do appx 15,000 cases a year...Maintenance is easy....I use the
Pathos from Leica (microwave technology) at my part time job processing
dermatology specimens (appx 10,000 cases a year) and it works great. Contact
Leica for some brochures on their equipment.
Hope this helps...

~Kim Tournear ~
Histology Supervisor
Tucson Medical Center
Tucson, AZ

~Don't let your life end before it begins~

OU Rocks!!!!