[Histonet] Dark vs. Light Tissue?

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri Dec 19 14:03:49 CST 2008

Hey all,

While embedding rodent tissues I have found that some specimen within the
SAME muscle group (such as quadriceps) appear very dark in color while
others are very pale. I just recently started noticing this while I've been
embedding. (I embed manually; I'm a research tech who does a lot of
histological work).

Any insights as to why the color difference?

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 BRB (pkgs) / 140 Farber Hall (letters)
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

"Without my flaws I'm really very boring."
- random internet blog commentator