[Histonet] RE: triple immunohistochemistry

anjan kumar drvet_anjan <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:22:08 CST 2008

hi,
I am Dr. Anjan Kumar working as Junior Research Scientist  at Madras veterinary college, chennai, india. currently  i am pursuing my PhD  in
veterinary pathology and i am working on canine mammary tumours for my
theses work and i have planned to work on triple immunohistochemistry using
CD44, CD24, EPCAM AS ALL these antigens are surface markers of stem like cancer cells and they all are co
localized. i am finding it very difficult to select 3 different
chromogens. i have planned to procure monoclonals from Thermo - Lab
visison i.e

the following are mouse monoclonals:
CD44: IgG2a

CD24: IgM / κ

ESA:  IgG1 / κ

i have planned to use 2 detection system i.e alkaline phosphatase and HRP
due to funding constraints i am forced to settle for single goat anti - mouse secondary antibody
currently
im confused with everything and i am struck here
And another doubt ... according to
multiple immunostaining methods by Chris Vander loos after double
immuno histochemistry we can proceed for one more HIER and perform
another single immunohistochemistry so this mounts upto triple
immunohistochemistry right! coming to the point, my doubt was after performing
HIER WILL the chromogen present earlier will be lost along with the
immune complex.
 i have stopped all my work here and dont know how i can proceed...
please help me with your valuable suggestions.
can any one plz suggest me  established triple immunohistochemistry protocol.

regards,
Dr anjan.
Junior research scientist
Department of Veterinary Pathology,
Madras veterinary college,
chennai, india.

Make sure your wardrobe reflects the latest trends and styles in the world of fashion. Try it!