[Histonet] Silver staing for degenerating axons

tf tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Mon Dec 15 04:56:28 CST 2008

I read the paper of Nauta with great interest!

But I dont have the original pdf for the paper on Stain Technology in 1951 & 1954. Anyone can send me the pdf?

I only have the improved method by Fink and Heimer in 1967 published on brain research, giving out two staining procedures. I can send you the pdf if anyone is interested in this.

I would like to receive any proved protocol of silver staining for degenerating axons...because we dont have uranyl nitrate or hydroquinone  here...I can not repeat the paper by Fink & Heimer.

Can anyone provide me a supressive procedure in staining degenerating axons using "common chemicals", just ammonia water, silver nitrate, citric acid, formalin/PFA, sodium hydroxide? I just can not find applicable one with our current facilities!

Thanks very much!

2008-12-15

tf