[Histonet] SPECIAL STAIN PNUEMOCYSTSIS

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 15:09:19 CST 2008

I used the MW oven to heat-boost the slutions but the actual staining was done in a water bath. Why don't you try a water bath at 60ºC?
rené J.

--- On Fri, 12/12/08, TIMOTHY MALLOY <tmalloy77 <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:

From: TIMOTHY MALLOY <tmalloy77 <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] SPECIAL STAIN PNUEMOCYSTSIS
To: "HISTONET ..." <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>, "TIM MALLOY" <tmalloy <@t> cox.net>
Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 4:52 AM

We currently use a stain called grocotts silver methenimine solution for
staining pnuemocystis. We would like to use a hot plate for the procedure
instead of a unvented microwave. Does anybody have any formula's the would
like to share with the hot plate?

Timothy G. Malloy, HT ( ASCP ) A.A.S.
tmalloy77 <@t> hotmail.com
This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO MAY BE
LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the use of the intended recipients
identified above. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, dissemination,
distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately
notify us by reply email, delete the communication and destroy all