[Histonet] Silly Question?

Merced Leiker leiker <@t> buffalo.edu
Fri Dec 12 09:12:28 CST 2008

In research lab situations particularly, one does not have the time or
technique for nailing down the ways of making each of the buffers,
reagents, and procedures work the "right" way or the most optimum way...a
lot of times it's students or postdocs just focused on getting their
project done and not caring how their fixative is made as long as it
"works" to some degree and, alas, it's up to us already over-booked
technicians to figure out the best way to make the PFA....and we usually
don't have a whole day (week, or year) to spend researching the
back-and-forth arguments, either! ;-)

Merced

--On Friday, December 12, 2008 2:04 PM +0000 "Edwards, R.E."
<ree3 <@t> leicester.ac.uk> wrote:

> You  hit  the  nail on the  head  "That's what we always use", fear  of
> change  is a common human condition.

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 BRB (pkgs) / 140 Farber Hall (letters)
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

"Without my flaws I'm really very boring."
- random internet blog commentator