[Histonet] PCNA staining on paraffin

Robert Schoonhoven Robert.Schoonhoven <@t> mpiresearch.com
Thu Dec 11 06:49:33 CST 2008

Merced,
I haven't seen any replies to your question.  Under separate E-mail I'll
send you the procedure  I developed at UNC-Ch which will work on
paraffin processed tissue from all mammals, fish, yeast and some plants.
Please note that "drying" the slides at room temp. is important.  Do not
use a slide dryer.
Bob

Robert Schoonhoven BS, HT, HTL (ASCP)
Scientist, Pathology
MPI Research
54943 North Main Street
Mattawan, MI 49071-9399

E-Mail: robert.schoonhoven <@t> mpiresearch.com
Office 269.668.3336 X-1768
Lab. 269.668.3336 X-2009
Cell 269.615.0576
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Merced
Leiker
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:08 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] PCNA staining on paraffin

Does anyone have any suggestions for staining PCNA on paraffin? We are
using Santa Cruz's PCNA (FL261) SC-7907.

We have already stained with it successfully on frozen sections, but it
does not appear to be working on paraffin. Thank you.

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 BRB (pkgs) / 140 Farber Hall (letters)
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

"Without my flaws I'm really very boring."
- random internet blog commentator