[Histonet] Primary works with ABC but not IF

Patten, Nicole (NIH/NIAAA) [F] pattennj <@t> mail.nih.gov
Wed Dec 10 09:09:45 CST 2008

Hello-

I am in a situation where my primary antibody works using the ABC
method, but I do not see staining with immunofluorescence. My IF
protocol works well with other antibodies so I do not know why it's not
working with this particular antibody. Does anybody have any
suggestions?

I have considered using an avidin-Alexa Fluor conjugate but I am not
sure if this is even possible (I am new to IHC) or how I would go about
it. Would I need to first biotinylate my primary?

Does anyone have any advice/protocols?

Thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nicole Patten
Post-Baccalaureate Fellow/IRTA
NIAAA/National Institutes of Health