[Histonet] coverslip issues

Denise Crowley dencrowl <@t> MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 9 13:12:31 CST 2008

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help in choosing a new vendor for coverslips for
the Thermo Consul coverslipper.  We have been buying coverslips from
Thermo since we bought the instrument, and the last shipment (of 10
cases) is from a new supplier and is not working in the instrument.
The coverslip cannot be detected and the mountant is not dispensing.
I spoke with the technician (Diane is wonderful) and she walked me
through a diagnostic on the Consul and the instrument is not the
problem.  Does anyone out there have a suggestion as to a coverslip
that they know works in the Consul?  I have already tried the Vista
from VWR (which is okay, but not perfect) and am eagerly awaiting
requested samples.  Thanks for your help.

Denise Crowley
Facility Manager Histology
David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
40 Ames St. E17-427
Cambridge MA  02139
617-258-8183