[Histonet] RE: Blue haze

Stapf, Ross RossS <@t> BaylorHealth.edu
Wed Dec 3 12:11:32 CST 2008

We tried the Surgipath H/E and had a similar experience.  We went back to what we had been using.  Since then I've been told that more water rinses or a different Clarifier type reagent may fix this problem, but I haven't had time or a good reason to give it another try.

Ross M Stapf
Histopathology Manager
Baylor University Medical Center
3500 Gaston Ave.
Dallas, TX 75246
214-820-2465
214-820-4110 fax
RossS <@t> baylorhealth.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marshall, Kimberly
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:48 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Blue haze

Howdy all,

   I have just changed over to Surgi Path's H & E system.  With the latest fear of running out of hematoxylin and all my Pathologist wanted us to change over.  Its a great stain but we have a bad "haze"  in the background.  It is not hurting the tissue or DX at all, but to ME it looks awful.  Is there anyone else out there using this?   We are not using positive charged slides or anything added to my water bath.  Any suggestions????  Thanks in advance

Kimberly Marshall HT (ASCP)

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and deleting the material from any computer.